Farmers’ Market Season is Here
June 25, 2021
Photo by Tori Pintar
Summer is in full swing, and our plates are running over with local veggies, meat, and eggs. We bike past our flowering community gardens on our way to the bustling local farmers markets. Restaurant menus boast regional brews and ingredients plucked from nearby farms and ranches. There is just something that tastes better about food that’s been grown near home with love and care from neighbors.
GVLT is proud to partner with many local farmers to protect their land so that our community access to local and open land that will nourish them, body and soul. We encourage you check out your local markets and support your friendly neighborhood farmers. Here’s a list places to get local food and some great resources for your inner local food guru:
- Bozeman Farmers Market – every Tuesday evening at Lindley Park, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Gallatin Valley Farmers’ Market – every Saturday at Haynes Pavilion, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Belgrade Community Market – Lewis and Clark Park in Belgrade, MT, Thursday evenings, 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Manhattan Farmer’s Market – Railroad Park, corner of Broadway and Main, downtown Manhattan, every Wednesday, 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Livingston Farmers Market – Wednesdays 4:30pm-7:30pm @ Miles Band Shell Park
- Bozeman Community Food Co-Op – independent, community-owned grocery store open seven days a week.
- Bozeman Community Food Co-Op Downtown – independent, community-owned grocery store open seven days a week.
- Farm Cart – this online food subscription service hooks you up with six locally-sourced products every week, provides recipes, and offers different subscriptions based on dietary needs.
- Gallatin Valley Botanical at Rocky Creek Farm – GVB hosts farm stands on Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. where you can pick up vegetables, flowers, eggs, and pasture-raised meats.
- Open & Local – A cross sector network of professionals and community members working to strengthen community food systems and conserve open land.
- Edible Bozeman – Print publication about local food. Great local food guide online to find producers.