Farm to Table: Lamb Recipe from Willow Spring Ranch
The Willow Spring Ranch property was conserved with GVLT in 2001 and raises organic, grass-fed lamb. The owners, Katy and Rich Harjes, have provided one of their favorite lamb recipes to share with the GVLT family. We’re proud that our conservation efforts can help put local food onto the tables of our cherished supporters. Enjoy!
Lamb Chops with Mint Salsa Verde
- 4 – 1” thick lamb loin chops – about 1 lb
- 2 tbsp. plus 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 /2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tbsp. salt-packed capers, soaked, rinsed, drained, and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Put lamb into a small baking dish, rub with 2 tbsp. oil, and season with salt and pepper; set aside to let rest for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the salsa verde: Combine mint, parsley, tarragon, capers, chile flakes and garlic in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in remaining oil while stirring with a fork to make the salsa verde; set aside.
Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or set gas grill to medium-high heat. (Alternatively, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat.) Add loin chops and cook, flipping once, until browned and crusty and cooked to desired temperature, 6-8 minutes for medium rare. If you are in search of a new grill then check out these traegar grill reviews.
Transfer lamb to a platter. Stir sauce and drizzle over chops, reserving some of the sauce to serve on the side.
Purchase lamb online at www.montanaorganiclamb.com