GVLT relies on volunteers! We have a number of ways you can give your time such as trail maintenance or becoming a trail ambassador. We also seek volunteers to help in our office and at special events.
Types of Projects
We offer a number of different opportunities and commitment levels for our volunteers. Below are the main areas where we seek volunteers.
Organize a Group to Work on the Trails
GVLT relies on volunteer groups from businesses, organizations, or clubs to help keep our trails in tip top shape. Trail maintenance is typically seasonal so we schedule group trail projects in May through October. Typical projects include things like gravel resurfacing, weed management, and brush trimming. Volunteering together can be great team building for your organization!
volunteer to be a trail ambassador
Our Trail Ambassadors set out to cultivate a culture of stewardship and kindness on Gallatin Valley’s trails with proper trail etiquette as their guiding principles. They do this with tremendous grace by being a friendly face, picking up litter, reporting trail user data, and gently reminding people how to practice trail etiquette. Volunteers commit to at least two 1 to 2-hour outings per month from April through September. Trail Ambassadors are trained on a rolling basis and are invited to attend the Spring and Fall large group trainings hosted by GVLT. Contact us at email@example.com to get set up for the 2024 season. See you out there!
Simple Things Anyone Can Do To Support GVLT
- Pick up trash on the trail
- Scoop dog poop at your favorite park
- Notify GVLT of trail maintenance needs
- Advocate for GVLT’s work to your friends and family
- Encourage your business to support GVLT
- Share a testimonial about your love of trails and conservation with us, we want to hear it!
- Smile on the trails, spread kindness!
- Use #outsideisin and #gvlt in social media posts to share the message and show up on our website.
Big Sky Watershed Corps Member