GVLT relies on volunteers! We have a number of ways you can give your time such as trail maintenance or becoming a trail ambassador. We also seek volunteers to help in our office and at special events.
Types of Projects
We offer a number of different opportunities and commitment levels for our volunteers. Below are the main areas where we seek volunteers.
1. Organize a Group to Work on the Trails
GVLT relies on volunteer groups from businesses, organizations, or clubs to help keep our trails in tip top shape. Trail maintenance is typically seasonal so we schedule group trail projects in May through October. Typical projects include things like gravel resurfacing, weed management, and brush trimming. Volunteering together can be great team building for your organization!
2. Project Matching
While trails is where we primarily need volunteers, we do have periodic needs for special projects and events on the conservation, office and events side of our organization. Whether a short term project, a special skill set, or a regular commitment, you can make a difference. However, as a small organization our volunteer needs are not constant and consistent. Because of this we use a matching system to place volunteers with projects, programs, and needs within our organization throughout the year. Please fill out the application so we know more about your availability, interests, and skills. If we do not have a need for your volunteer time immediately, we will keep your information on hand and reach out when something comes up.
Examples of types of volunteer needs:
- Trail Ambassadors
- Guided walk leaders and sweepers
- Event support
- Office work
- Grants research
- Database support
Simple Things Anyone Can Do To Support GVLT
- Pick up trash on the trail
- Scoop dog poop at your favorite park
- Notify GVLT of trail maintenance needs
- Advocate for GVLT’s work to your friends and family
- Encourage your business to support GVLT
- Share a testimonial about your love of trails and conservation with us, we want to hear it!
- Smile on the trails, spread kindness!
- Use #outsideisin and #gvlt in social media posts to share the message and show up on our website.
Trails Project Manager