Spring Trail Ambassador Training 2023
Are you passionate about Bozeman trails Become a volunteer Trail Ambassador and help keep our trails kind and clean all season long! Join members of the Outside Kind Alliance at Story Mill Park to enjoy some snacks and talk trail etiquette.
Story Mill Park Community CenterTime:
5:30 pm - 7:30 pmCost:
Our Trail Ambassadors set out to cultivate a culture of stewardship and kindness on Gallatin Valley’s trails with proper trail etiquette as their guiding principles. They do this with tremendous grace by being a friendly face, picking up litter, reporting trail user data, and gently reminding people how to practice trail etiquette. Volunteers commit to at least two 1–2-hour outings per month from April through September.
At our annual training, we will discuss:
- What does it mean to be a Trail Ambassador?
- Outside Kind Trail Ettiquite
- Watershed Health by the Gallatin Watershed Council
- Front Country Leave No Trace Principles with local expert
- Invasive Species Alliance on ways to minimize the spread of invasive species
Specific Trail Ambassador Duties:
- Attend Spring Trail Ambassador Training (one-on-one or online trainings available for those that cannot attend – please contact Haile at TrailAmbassador@gvlt.org)
- Complete at least two outings per month during the season April 1 – September 30
- Wear supplied Trail Ambassador gear
- Carry a small ambassador supply kit provided by GVLT
- Cheerfully engage with other trail users while adhering to Outside Kind Pledge
- Gently remind people about proper trail etiquette
- Pick up litter and dog waste along the trail
- Report trail user data to Gallatin Valley Land Trust
- Provide information to trail users
Learn more and RSVP for the training here!
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator