Summer Trails Challenge
Our target goal is 65000 miles
We’re already getting excited about next year’s challenge. Enjoy the rest of the summer on the trails!
Trails Challenge 2021 Details:
Starting June 5th, track and log your hiking, walking, biking, and running trail miles to help us reach our goal of 65,000 miles before June 26. Each mile logged on a trail during the Summer Trails Challenge will be matched with a $1 donation to GVLT from the Community Match Pool funded by generous businesses. Are we ready for the challenge?
Log your miles starting June 5th on the form above and watch us get closer and closer to our goal. 1 mile= $1 to GVLT.
We know that in challenging times, you turn to the trails. Now it is your turn to give back to the trails and work together with your community to reach our goal.
COVID 19 has changed some of our plans for the Summer Trails Challenge but at the core, this is already a virtual event. You’ll be enjoying trails, safely, on your own to participate in the challenge. Unfortunately, we have cancelled our finale party on June 25th. We’ll miss celebrating with you in person but we’re still hopeful we can reach our goal.
We are always grateful for our business sponsors but especially so right now. This year in particular, please, pay attention to the businesses providing the matching dollars and support them if you can. We are exceptionally grateful that they’re continuing to support our work.
Trails Challenge Rules and Details:
- We rely on the good ol’ scouts honor. Please be honest when tracking and logging your miles. Your tracking doesn’t need to be exact (sometimes you have to estimate!) but please keep your ’rounding’ within reason.
- You can log miles daily or in batches, whatever is easiest.
- There are no strict limits on which trails qualify for the challenge but please use trails in our region (Main Street to the Mountains, Forest Service, Hyalite, Big Sky, Livingston, Three Forks all qualify). The intention behind the challenge is to get you outside so if you’re out there, when in doubt, count them!
- Please share the challenge on social media, challenge your kids or your friends, challenge a co-worker. A little competition goes a long way.
- Please share photos and tag us on social media so we can re-share them.
- Stay tuned to social media and this site for updates of special prize days where local businesses will reward folks who log their miles on that day.
- Teams: Sponsoring businesses are included in an optional drop-down menu on the logging form. If you’re a client, employee or friend of the business, log miles on their team to help them reach their goals!
- We know not everyone has the ability to use trails, if you want to help in a different way, please email email@example.com. Your support is important and we’ll find a way for you to help.
With social distancing still recommended, please considering the following when hitting the trails and tracking your miles (we will update as CDC, City and State guidelines change)
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance on the trail. Step aside if possible when you encounter another party.
- Avoid carpooling with people outside of your home.
- Avoid high touch surfaces like playgrounds, trash cans and bathrooms.
- Do not use the trails if you are feeling sick or have a fever.
- Consider wearing a mask, particularly on busy trails where social distancing is more challenging.
- Pack out trash and dog waste. Not all receptacles are being emptied as often as normal.
- Obey all leash rules to avoid having to approach others to retrieve dogs.
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator