Summer Trails Challenge
Are you ready for the challenge?
Local businesses will donate to GVLT every time you hit the trails. GVLT will receive $1 from the Community Match Pool, donated by local businesses, for every mile that is biked, hiked, or run on trails and logged on the form below. 1 mile=$1. It is that simple.
Thanks to our presenting sponsors, REI and Community Food Co-op, and many other businesses, the community match pool is $45,000 so our community needs to log 45,000 miles on the trails! Can we do it?
Final Results: The Summer Trails Challenge is now complete. We surpassed our goal! We've raised $46,500 with over 53,000 miles in 3 weeks to build more trails. Thank you so very much for your support. We're looking forward to next year's challenge!
Our target goal is 45000 miles
Hey Bozeman, are you ready for the challenge? We need 45,000 miles in three weeks!
The Summer Trails Challenge starts June 3rd, National Trails Day, and runs through June 23rd. Keep track of your miles and log them on this page. You will fill out a simple form and watch the mileage tracker go up and up! 1 mile=$1 to GVLT from the Community Match Pool which has been generously sponsored by local businesses (see sponsors below and thank them!).
We’ll celebrate our success with a finale party at the GVLT office on Friday June 23rd at 4:30pm with a Montana Aleworks BBQ and Montucky Cold Snacks.
Supporting GVLT is easy and your miles will help us continue to expand and enhance the Main Street to the Mountains trail system.
2017 Prize Winners:
Most Miles Overall: Beth Sirr 504 miles
Most Miles Biked-Katie Coyle 401 miles
Most Miles Run-James Jong 185
Most Miles Hiked– Barbara Glickman 158
June 21 REI Day: Enjoy the longest day of the year on the trails. Get a 20% discount coupon (off one full-price REI branded item) if you log miles on this day! Redeem before the 23rd at the REI Bozeman store.
The Rules and Details:
- Scouts honor, please be honest when tracking and logging your miles. Your tracking doesn’t need to be exact (sometimes you have to guessimate!) but please keep your ’rounding’ within reason.
- There are no strict limits on which trails qualify for the challenge but please use area trails in our region (Main Street to the Mountains, Forest Service, Hyalite, Big Sky, Livingston, Three Forks all qualify). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.
- Please share the challenge on social media, bring a friend, challenge a co-worker.
- Please share photos of you competing in the challenge for us to share on social media.
- Stay tuned to social media and this site for updates of special prize days where local businesses will incentivize folks who log their miles on that day.
New this year:
- Teams: Sponsoring businesses are included in an optional drop-down menu on the logging form. If you’re a client, employee or friend of the business, log miles on their team to help them reach their goals!
- Prizes: This year we are asking you to log your miles as Run, Bike, or Walk. We will be awarding a prize for Most Miles Overall, Most Miles Biked, Most Miles Ran, Most Miles Walked
Local businesses have pitched in $45,000 to the Community Match Pool. That means our community needs to hit the trails for 45,000 miles in just three weeks. Can we do it?
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator