Summer Trails Challenge
Local businesses will donate to GVLT every time you hit the trails. GVLT will receive $1 from the Community Match Pool, donated by local businesses, for every mile that is biked, hiked, or run on trails and logged on the form below. 1 mile=$1. It is that simple.
Our target goal is 60200 miles
Hey Bozeman, are you ready for the challenge?
REI, Evergoods and many other businesses have challenged YOU to get outside. They’ve contributed $57,500 to the Community Match Pool but it has to be matched with trail miles by community members like you. Every mile you spend on the trails is $1 to GVLT from the match pool. They’re in, are you?
The 2019 Summer Trails Challenge starts June 1st, National Trails Day, and runs through June 21st. Keep track of your miles and log them on this page. You will fill out a simple form and watch the mileage tracker go up and up! 1 mile=$1 to GVLT from the Community Match Pool provided by generous businesses and community members.
Supporting GVLT is easy and your miles will help us continue to expand and enhance the Main Street to the Mountains trail system.
The Rules and Details:
- Scouts honor, please be honest when tracking and logging your miles. Your tracking doesn’t need to be exact (sometimes you have to estimate!) but please keep your ’rounding’ within reason.
- There are no strict limits on which trails qualify for the challenge but please use area trails in our region (Main Street to the Mountains, Forest Service, Hyalite, Big Sky, Livingston, Three Forks all qualify). Email email@example.com with specific questions.
- Please share the challenge on social media, bring a friend, challenge your kids, challenge a co-worker.
- Please share photos of you competing in the challenge for us to share on social media.
- Stay tuned to social media and this site for updates of special prize days where local businesses will reward folks who log their miles on that day.
- Teams: Sponsoring businesses are included in an optional drop-down menu on the logging form. If you’re a client, employee or friend of the business, log miles on their team to help them reach their goals!
Special Trail Days:
June 7th West Paw Day at Peets Hill: The West Paw Team will be stationed at the base of Peets Hill, cheering on the community as they log miles for the challenge. They’ll have West Paw swag and a dog water station. They’ll also be hosting a dog trick for a toy contest! Start practicing with your pooches. If you stop by the booth at Peets Hill and log miles, you’ll receive a free hemp dog leash by West Paw.
June 8th Crazy Mountain Outdoors Company donating 10% of proceeds to GVLT to celebrate Summer Trails Challenge
June 15th REI Day: Log miles on Team REI in the logging form on June 15th and you’ll be automatically entered to win a pair of REI Co-op Traverse Power Lock Cork Trekking Poles!
If you log miles during the challenge you’ll be invited to our Finale Party on June 21st with a complimentary BBQ provided by Montana Aleworks. Grab a cold one and celebrate with a community of trail loving friends while we thank you for hitting the trails for GVLT. The Finale Party is hosted at the GVLT office lawn, 212 S. Wallace in Bozeman, from 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
Attendees at the Finale Party will be entered to win a Evergoods Mountain Panel Loader backpack, a $249 value, for your next trail adventure!
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator