Summer Trails Challenge
Our target goal is 60500 miles
We did it, YOU did it! We surpassed our goal for the Summer Trails Challenge. 1,855 people got outside and earned $60,500 for GVLT to build more trails. We’re so grateful.
This challenge is about more than dollars (although gosh, we’re going to be able to get a lot done with this money). It is about sending a message that people who live, work, and play here value trails. They are integral to our quality of life. Each year, the challenge reminds all of us at GVLT that trails are really important. You’ve given us our marching orders: build more trails!
If you logged miles for the challenge you are invited to join us for a celebration on June 21, 4:30pm-6:30pm at the GVLT office, 212 S. Wallace. Montana Aleworks has generously donated a BBQ. You’ll also be entered to win an Evergoods pack and prizes from Outside Bozeman.
6/20/2019 We just got an additional $500 from Health in Motion Physical Therapy! We’ve added it to the total so keep logging those miles and we’ll earn the extra funds.
Hey Bozeman, are you ready for the challenge?
REI, Evergoods and many other businesses have challenged YOU to get outside. They’ve contributed $60,000 to the Community Match Pool but it has to be matched with trail miles by community members like you. Every mile you spend on the trails is $1 to GVLT from the match pool. They’re in, are you?
The 2019 Summer Trails Challenge starts June 1st, National Trails Day, and runs through June 21st. Keep track of your miles and log them on this page. You will fill out a simple form and watch the mileage tracker go up and up! 1 mile=$1 to GVLT from the Community Match Pool provided by generous businesses and community members.
Supporting GVLT is easy and your miles will help us continue to expand and enhance the Main Street to the Mountains trail system.
The Rules and Details:
- Scouts honor, please be honest when tracking and logging your miles. Your tracking doesn’t need to be exact (sometimes you have to estimate!) but please keep your ’rounding’ within reason.
- There are no strict limits on which trails qualify for the challenge but please use area trails in our region (Main Street to the Mountains, Forest Service, Hyalite, Big Sky, Livingston, Three Forks all qualify). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.
- Please share the challenge on social media, bring a friend, challenge your kids, challenge a co-worker.
- Please share photos of you competing in the challenge for us to share on social media.
- Stay tuned to social media and this site for updates of special prize days where local businesses will reward folks who log their miles on that day.
- Teams: Sponsoring businesses are included in an optional drop-down menu on the logging form. If you’re a client, employee or friend of the business, log miles on their team to help them reach their goals!
Special Trail Days:
June 1st Bozeman Health Day: Volunteer to improve trails at the Highland Glen Nature Preserve, a Bozeman Health property. Volunteers get a water bottle!
DATE CHANGE June 12th West Paw Day at Peets Hill: The West Paw Team will be stationed at the base of Peets Hill from noon-4pm, cheering on the community as they log miles for the challenge. They’ll have West Paw swag and a dog water station. They’ll also be hosting a dog trick for a toy contest! Start practicing with your pooches. If you stop by the booth at Peets Hill and log miles, you’ll be entered into a raffle for a free hemp dog leash by West Paw.
June 8th Crazy Mountain Outdoors Company donating 10% of proceeds to GVLT to celebrate Summer Trails Challenge
June 15th REI Day: Log miles on Team REI in the logging form on June 15th and you’ll be automatically entered to win a pair of REI Co-op Traverse Power Lock Cork Trekking Poles!
June 17th Dee-O-Gee Day: Log miles on the Dee-O-Gee team on this day to be automatically entered into a raffle for a trail system from ruff wear (belt and leash for runner), a $35 gift card, and a $15 gift card. Dee-O-Gee will also be taking their entire staff onto the trails for a team hike after work.
If you log miles during the challenge you’ll be invited to our Finale Party on June 21st with a complimentary BBQ provided by Montana Aleworks. Grab a cold one and celebrate with a community of trail loving friends while we thank you for hitting the trails for GVLT. The Finale Party is hosted at the GVLT office lawn, 212 S. Wallace in Bozeman, from 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
Attendees at the Finale Party will be entered to win a Evergoods Mountain Panel Loader backpack, a $249 value, for your next trail adventure!
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator