Summer Trails Challenge
From June 1-27, 2024, track and log your miles on GVLT trails and help us raise funds to build and maintain our world-class community trails system.
Our target goal is 80000 miles
We hit our goal of 80,000 miles for the 2023 Summer Trails Challenge! Thank you to everyone who logged miles and thanks to the businesses who pledged matching dollars. Join us in June 2024 for the 9th Annual Challenge!
How does it work?
- Local businesses contribute to our Summer Trails Challenge Community Match Pool.
- Participants run, bike, or walk on area trails—any trail, any time—no registration required.
- They log their miles on the GVLT Summer Trails Challenge webpage.
- GVLT gets $1 from the Match Pool for every mile logged.
That’s right! GVLT receives $1 for each mile walked, biked, or hiked during this month long, community-wide celebration, funds that go directly to build and maintain our world-class community trails system. We are still looking for sponsors! If you or your business would like to help us build our Summer Trails Challenge Community Match Pool, please contact email@example.com. Last year’s Challenge was a great success. Our community generated over $80,000 for area trails.
GVLT’s Summer Trails Challenge doesn’t have a registration fee. It doesn’t require any special apps or devices so everyone can participate, regardless of income, availability, or fitness level—just people getting outside, on their own time, to help support community trails.
$1 for 1 mile. It is that easy.
Why sponsor Summer Trails Challenge?
- STC sponsors are aligning themselves with one of the region’s most respected community organizations, demonstrating to your employees, your clients, and your customers that you are committed to the quality of life that we all enjoy.
- STC Sponsors gain exposure to GVLT’s network of supporters, over 12,000 email and social media followers, all of whom share your commitment to trails and conservation. This community-wide celebration is a great way to engage your friends, family, staff, and clients in the things you value.
- STC can help create a culture of wellness within your company. Community members can log miles on behalf of any sponsor, encouraging your customers, clients, and employees to hit the trails. Or create your own challenge within your business. Only sponsors get teams and we can provide all the data you need to track your team’s participation.
- Click here to review the sponsorship flyer!
SPECIAL BONUS: All Trails Challenge participants are invited to the Challenge Finale BBQ on Thursday, June 27, 2024, at the GVLT office. This wonderful celebration is free and open to anyone who logs miles during the Challenge.
Learn more about sponsoring an event