Summer Trails Challenge
Our target goal is 77500 miles
The Summer Trails Challenge is BACK and BIGGER THAN EVER!
From June 5 – 25, 2021, track and log your hiking, walking, biking, and running trail miles to help us reach our largest goal ever, 77,500 miles. Each mile logged on a trail during the 6th annual Summer Trails Challenge will earn GVLT a $1 donation from the Community Match Pool funded by some of your favorite local businesses (see the list below!).
Trails Challenge Rules:
- Remember, the deal is $1 for one mile.
- It’s scouts honor, folks. We don’t verify anyone’s mileage so please, be honest when tracking and logging your miles. No one likes a cheater.
- You can log miles daily or in batches, whatever is easiest. You can also log miles for your friends or family if you’re using the trails together.
- Miles do not have to be on a GVLT trail necessarily, but please limit them to the trails in our region.
- Share the challenge on social media, challenge your kids or your friends, challenge a co-worker. A little competition goes a long way.
- We love it when you send photos and tag us on social media so we can re-share them with the rest of the GVLT universe.
- Stay tuned to social media and this site for updates of special prize days where local businesses will reward folks who log their miles on that day.
Teams: Sponsoring businesses are included in the drop-down menu on the logging form. If you’re a client, employee, or friend of the business, make sure to credit your miles to their team to help them reach their goals!
Most important, next time you’re at one of these fantastic Summer Trails Challenge Sponsor Businesses, make sure to say thanks for challenging you to hit the trails!
The 2021 Summer Trails Challenge Finale event has been cancelled due to COVID but stay tuned for more announcements about upcoming in-person events with GVLT in July.
Learn more about sponsoring an event
Development & Events Coordinator