The NextGen Advisory Board cultivates the future conservation leaders of our community by connecting young professionals to GVLT’s mission of trails and open space . They ensure that GVLT’s work remains relevant and meaningful for future generations as our community grows.
The NextGen Advisory Board provides young professionals with an opportunity to become involved with and further the mission of GVLT. They raise awareness of GVLT in the community, particularly with their peers. NextGen members plan opportunities for younger community members to engage with GVLT through events and volunteering. And GVLT invests in the NextGen Advisory Board by providing valuable leadership training and networking for our valley’s future conservation leaders.
Applications for the 2023 term of NextGen Advisory Board are now closed and will reopen for 2024 terms in the fall of 2023.
Interested in joining GVLT's NextGen Advisory Board?
NextGen Members are:
- Ambassadors for GVLT's work in their communities and networks and readily share stories, projects and needs
- Friendly and knowledgeable representatives of GVLT's work in the community
- Financial supporters of GVLT's mission, all members are asked to make a personally meaningful donation to GVLT
- Curators of spaces and conversations where other young people in the community can connect to (and support) the GVLT mission, whether that be through social, fundraising, or educational events and opportunities.
- Mirrors in the community, reflecting back the important challenges and opportunities that exist so that GVLT can be aware and responsive to community needs
NextGen Advisory Board members serve one year terms with the option of serving three consecutive terms. The group meets monthly and members are asked to join a committee that will meet periodically throughout the year.
NextGen Advisory Board Members
Emmiliese Von Avis
Product + Ops, Baseten
Wildland firefighter with the US Forest Service and Alpine Ski Coach with Bridger Ski Foundation
Crew Leader at Yellowstone Youth Conservation Corps / Substitute Teacher
Sr. Marketing Content Manager at Wealthvest
Solutions Consultant at commonFont
Sustainability Specialist at City of Bozeman
GIS Analyst III at onX Maps
Executive Director, 2% for Conservation
Manager at Architect's Wife
Physical Therapist at AMN Healthcare
Education and Outreach Director at Gallatin Conservation District
COO at MAP Brewing Company
Manager at The Rhythm Project
Manager of Support and Intern Program at Foundant Technologies
Ranch Operations Manager at Beartooth Group
Senior Program Coordinator for Individual Placement Programs at Montana Conservation Corps
Program Manager at Bridger Ski Foundation
Director of Member Services, Frontier Angels, Strategy Consultant, CLASP
Owner, Farmer at Crooked Yard Hops
Director of Government Affairs at Center of Large Landscape Conservation
Environmental and Quality Director at Barnard Construction