The NextGen Advisory Board cultivates the future conservation leaders of our community by connecting young professionals to GVLT’s mission of trails and open space . They ensure that GVLT’s work remains relevant and meaningful for future generations as our community grows.
The NextGen Advisory Board provides young professionals with an opportunity to become involved with and further the mission of GVLT. They raise awareness of GVLT in the community, particularly with their peers. NextGen members plan opportunities for younger community members to engage with GVLT through events and volunteering. And GVLT invests in the NextGen Advisory Board by providing valuable leadership training and networking for our valley’s future conservation leaders.
Applications for the NextGen Advisory Board have closed for 2021
Interested in joining GVLT's NextGen Advisory Board?
NextGen Members are:
- Ambassadors for GVLT's work in their communities and networks and readily share stories, projects and needs
- Friendly and knowledgeable representatives of GVLT's work in the community
- Financial supporters of GVLT's mission, all members are asked to make a personally meaningful donation to GVLT
- Curators of spaces and conversations where other young people in the community can connect to (and support) the GVLT mission, whether that be through social, fundraising, or educational events and opportunities.
- Mirrors in the community, reflecting back the important challenges and opportunities that exist so that GVLT can be aware and responsive to community needs
Applications for 2022 will open on September 1, 2021 and close September 30. Applications will be reviewed by the NextGen Governance Committee and applicants should expect to hear back at the end of November about a position. NextGen Advisory Board members serve one year terms with the option of serving three consecutive terms. The group meets monthly and members are asked to join a committee that will meet periodically throughout the year. NextGen values diversity of perspectives and evaluates applicants blind to give equitable consideration to applications of diverse backgrounds. If you are unable to complete a written application or find it challenging, please reach out to EJ Porth, email@example.com for alternative means of applying.
NextGen Advisory Board Members
Hannah Van Wetter, Chair
Co-Founder/ CEO, Foothold Housing Solutions
Owner and Event Planner, Happenings
General Manager, Columbia Hospitality (LARK Hotel and Rialto)
CEO, Streamline Farms
Student, Montana State University
Financial Advisor, D.A. Davidson
Realtor, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Healthcare Operations Consultant, Empierus, LLC
Transportation Data Scientist, High Street
Attorney, Trust for Public Land
Executive Director, 2% for Conservation
Program Associate, AMB West
Operations, North Fork Financial
Attorney, Tarlow, Stonecipher, Weamer & Kelly
Education Director, Gallatin Valley Farm to School
Commercial Real Estate
Director of Member Services, Frontier Angels, Strategy Consultant, CLASP
Emmiliese von Clemm
Product Manager, MyVillage